Friday, October 1, 2010

First Friday

Tonight was absolutely perfect! As well as hanging out with some great friends and eating some delicious food, the 6 x 6 exhibition at Liberty Town opened today. The reception started at 5pm, and I was really nervous to see what it would be like. 1st place went to one of Bill Harris's students, second went to the praying mantis Ed King painted in class one day, and third place I could not find (obviously was not me). I was, however, greeted excitedly as I walked into the door of the gallery. My octopus sold! My first non-commission piece sold! And better than that--there were several people fighting over it, waiting until the moment the clock struck 5pm to buy it! AHHH! I'm like a REAL artist now! :O


Everyone was just so incredibly encouraging and excited for me tonight. No one is seen as competition, and that is what I really love about the Fredericksburg downtown art scene. It's more like one big happy family. Can't wait to get more pieces out and about and start selling more! Getting started has been really hard and expensive, with no pay off. Finally all the effort I am putting in is beginning to be validated. Looking towards a brighter and brighter future every day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment