Thursday, August 18, 2011

Via Colori 2011

This years Via Colori festival is quickly approaching! I have decided to recreate Sandro Botticelli's version of the Birth of Venus, and signed up for a 6ft by 6ft square to do so.


The Birth of Venus
 I am really really hoping for everything to go well this weekend. Last year I was sick as a dog, it was insanely hot, my spot was right in the sun, it rained overnight, and I had to work. I am really crossing my fingers that none of that happens this year!!!

I just started practicing for the festival by recreating the painting in a 16x20 format in prisma pencils.


Practice, practice, practice!

During the month of September the Ponshop is hosting a show for Via Colori artists only, in order to give us a chance to advertise representations of what we will be drawing in chalk. I will be submitting my Venus of Sebastiano Ricci painting, and possibly my Birth of Venus practice as well.

More of Via Colori to come as the date approaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment