Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas Commissions

I got a commission from my cousin Liz and her husband this Christmas to recreate some photos for her parents that they had taken on one of their many trips to their favorite places in Hawaii. I ended up doing a series of three 8 x 10 charcoal/pastel portraits in order to really capture the feel of Hawaii. I didn't get to talk to her parents for very long about them, but I think they were really happy with such a thoughtful gift and I was really thrilled to have the opportunity to help. :)


On the left an island shoreline, the middle is a tropical sunset, and the third is a waterfall into a cave with a palm tree (which you can't see very well). Please forgive the laundry on the the couch and bad glare on the photos!!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment